Beginning Student Teaching



During this past week, I attended my pre-internship seminar and began my observations at Northern Burlington Regional School District. During my observations, I got to see how the teachers that I will be working with interact with their students, and so far, I am enjoying the teacher-student interactions. For the most part, there seems to be a good teacher-student atmosphere where the students have fun in their learning. Especially in middle school, the students seem to actively engage in their learning environment and give examples of personal experiences related to the topic of discussion. As I progress through this semester I will continue to observe and learn from the teachers I am working with to build myself to be the best teacher I can be. I also hope to adapt different aspects of each teacher's methods to create the best learning environment possible for my students. While I don’t know yet how this semester will go, I hope to maintain a similar classroom environment and build a good teacher-student relationship with the students. Please feel free to follow me through this semester to see how I progress during this experience.

Comments

  1. I'm happy to see that you observed that middle schoolers tend to be engaged in the learning process and want to share personal experiences related to the content. The class vision statement I share with the students is "Learn Together. Grow Together. Open Eyes." and the involvement you noticed shows that the students have "bought into" the vision so to speak. One of the challenges with them sharing personal experiences is making sure to maintain and balance so they can be involved but learning also moves forward without getting side tracked. Hopefully, you will get to experience that engagement and relationship building as you get to experience a class of 7th grade from start to finish in the 3rd quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbie, building positive rapport is a key aspect to a successful student teaching internship and good classroom management practices. I hope you are using this opportunity to take notes and add to your teacher toolbox of resources you plan to use once you are the one teaching. This is also a great time to start to learn student names so that you'll be able to connect with them on a one-on-one basis as you begin your transition from observer to teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Running the Classroom

First Days of Teaching