Life Knowledge


During my life knowledge lesson, I taught Dr. McLean’s eighth-grade year-long Introduction to Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources class. Prior to presenting this lesson, I thought I had it worked out nicely I had given what I thought was appropriate timing in my lesson plan for each activity. However, I found out during my lesson that this was not the case. I ended up having to much time left at the end of class and not knowing what to do with it, this caused Dr. McLean to need to assist me in filling the rest of the time. I also found that the students did not appear to be all that interested in the topic, which was Goal Setting. One issue that I feel was evident was that I didn’t have a lot of interactive activities for the students. This seemed to make the students less inclined to participate as they didn’t seem interested in this activity. I think that if I were to redo this lesson, I would add more fun activities to the lesson to maintain the students’ attention.


What are some methods that you have used to maintain your students’ attention?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running the Classroom

First Days of Teaching