Building Mini Corn Hole Boards


During my agricultural mechanics demonstration, I taught my family how to put together mini corn hole boards by putting in two hinges. Overall, this lesson seemed to go fairly well, with my brother being able to talk his way through the steps as he put one together. Then after the video, my mom put the last one together. Everyone seemed to know what was expected of them and how to complete the task, especially my dad who gave me a quick rundown on how to use his specific tools before my lesson. Ideally, when I taught this in a real school setting it would follow the students cutting out their boards and staining them. After this lesson, they would then put the bean bags together to complete their games. This lab may even make a good fundraiser as they are fairly inexpensive and easy to make, with the total work time for one set being roughly an hour or an hour and a half. One question that I do have though is how would you manage a large group of students in a shop?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running the Classroom

First Days of Teaching