First Day of School




First Day of School

During this lab experience, I presented a lesson for the first day of Ag 7. Overall I think the lesson went well I didn’t feel as uncomfortable during this lesson as I did during the first lab or previous presentations that I have given. This lesson was simply to introduce agricultural science to seventh-grade students.



One thing that did happen was that my classmates misinterpreted what grade this class was for. As the grade was misinterpreted my classmates did not react as they likely would have if they had known the age group. In spite of this, the lesson continued and seemed to go over well with my classmates.




Due to this experience, I realized that I need to work on my clarity so that I can avoid misunderstandings while I am student teaching. Clarity is very important to present a good lesson, if you are not clear to your audience then they are unlikely to completely understand you. By providing more clarity I hope to present better lessons to my students.

By increase student success during my student teaching and future as an agriculture teacher I plan to make my lessons as clear as possible. By doing so I hope to make the lessons more manageable and fun for my students, as confusion in a school setting usually leads to frustration amongst students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running the Classroom

First Days of Teaching