Time Management


This past week I noticed another issue that I have been facing in regard to my student teaching and planning experience. This issue is time management, both in the classroom and of my own time. I will have time planned to accomplish whatever it is that I need to get done but my execution of that plan does not run smoothly. One suggestion that was made to help with this that I plan to implement is to put myself on a timer or some kind, both in class and at home. This way I will have all of my set aside time to work and will not be overstressed because I did not accomplish my goals for the day.

The main issue related to time management I have had is balancing my school life and my home life. I want to get everything for student teaching accomplished but I also want to spend time with my family, because I don't get to see them very often. However, my planning is suffering because of this so I need to find better ways to balance the two. I feel that using a timer of some kind will be highly beneficial to me as I will be able to spend time with my family but also get my planning completed and minimize my stress levels.

Other than having timers set were there any methods that you used to allow yourself enough planning time? Did you find that making a schedule worked better than just having a timer?

Comments

  1. Hi Abbie, I found that having a schedule and using a timer helped me to stay organized and balance things a bit better. Finding work-life balance is important, and it may take experimenting with different tools and routines before you find what works best for you.

    When I was worried about how long a certain activity would take, I would practice it beforehand and time myself. I would then compare the time it actually took to the time I had allotted in my lesson plan, and adjust accordingly. This might work well for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Running the Classroom

First Days of Teaching