What do I Want in a Cooperating Center?


What do I want in a cooperating center? Prior to this semester I hadn’t thought about it very much, and I’m still not entirely sure exactly what I am looking for. However, there are a few things that I know I would like in a cooperating center. The first is a well-rounded program. I am still learning about agricultural sciences myself and I would like to gain experience teaching the different components of agriculture. By student teaching at a program that has a variety of subject areas I also hope to increase my understanding and comfort in teaching these subjects. Second as I did not come from a school that had an agriculture program, I would like to go to a cooperating center that has a good FFA chapter and does well in SAE. I have learned a bit about how FFA chapters and SAE programs are conducted but I have yet to see one in action. I feel that seeing how a teacher runs these components of agricultural education and assisting the teacher will help me to learn how to run these programs. The third part that I would like to find in a cooperating center is a program with an environmental sciences component. I started out as a wildlife technology major, and because of this I feel a bit more comfortable with this content area. I think that it would be nice having at least one class section where I am more comfortable with the content that I am teaching. The fourth and possibly most important part of the cooperating center that I would like to find is a teacher that will serve as a role model and mentor for me. I know that it will take a lot of work to become the type of teacher I want to be and having a role model and mentor to help me grow is important to me.

While the four components listed above are what I would most like to find in a cooperating center I am still not entirely sure what I want. I know that I would like to find a cooperating center that has at least three of the four components that I listed. I hope that wherever I end up student teaching the experience will help me to become the best teacher possible. I also hope that I can one day help another future ag teacher to find their way as a teacher.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running the Classroom

First Days of Teaching